TURN ASIDE AND SEE:
An event sponsored by The General Board of Discipleship of The United Methodist Church
that will invite and help participants to hear God’s call, through a one-day study and discussion
of Exodus 3 & 4.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
9:00 AM – 3:30 PM (Gathering at 8:30 AM)
The event will be offered simultaneously in five different locations:
- South Central USA St. Luke’s Community UMC,
- pastors and church staff
- individuals or teams from churches
- anyone may attend
FREE, including copy of Bible study and lunch
Participants in this day-long event will have experienced a deep scripture study and reflection to help them:
1) Identify God’s call through scripture.
2) Note excuses that hold the congregation back from answering God’s call.
3) Identify ways to answer God’s call despite current reality and excuses.
4) Receive materials to lead a study in your own congregation.
5) Receive an introduction to other opportunities for training local church leaders.
TRAVEL AND LODGING
Travel and lodging, if needed, will be at the expense of participants. We will provide information on area hotels.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
- An event website with complete information will be available soon.
- With immediate questions, contact
email address email@example.com , toll-free telephone number 877-899-2780, ext. 1760.
Please pass this message on to others who may be interested.